Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Sandy Hook Truthers

Heh, no surprise, the conspiracy nutbars are at it again:

Yes, there really are Newtown truthers.
But in the crazy world of Sandy Hook conspiracy theories, this one may be the worst yet. (Maybe you’ve already heard some of the others, like the one about fantasy ties between the gunman’s family and the LIBOR banking scandal and a related theory about the Aurora shooting and the “Dark Knight Rises.”) Most of the theories are really pieces of a larger meta-theory: that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, perhaps by the Obama administration, designed to stir demand for gun control.
And yes, there is an overlap with the 9-11 kooks:
One popular video, which already has 134,000 views, was made by the producers of a popular 9/11 Truther film. “Just as the movie ‘Operation Terror’ shows the 9/11 attacks were a made-for-TV event, so too were the mass shootings … There can be no doubt that Sandy Hook was a staged event,” the narrator intones. He goes on to say that the adults who participated in the media coverage of the shootings “should be prosecuted as accessories after the fact in a mass murder” — i.e., the parents whose children were murdered in the massacre should be thrown in prison.
 Get this guy's credentials:
One man has taken it upon himself to catalog all of the theories at SandyHookHoax.com. By way of credentials, creator Jay Johnson explains: “I am the only person in the world to solve LOST,” he writes (yes, the TV show).
Hey, that's pretty amazing.  I watched every episode and I still haven't figured it out.  Was Jack really dead in that last episode?  Was everybody dead?

No surprise, old Foghorn pops up:
Websites owned by Alex Jones, the conspiracy theory pundit who helped start the 9/11 Truther movement and has millions of readers, are a virtual one-stop shop for Sandy Hook “false flag” miscellanea. So far, mainstream conservative figures haven’t hopped on board, though Gun Owners of American head Larry Pratt told Jones this summer that he thought there was a good chance the Aurora massacre was perpetrated by government agents.

7 Comments:

At 15 January, 2013 16:33, Blogger snug.butt.plug said...

I could while away the hours
Posting vids of burning towers
And never need explain
I'd unravel the conspiracy
They'd bow down to my superiority
If I only had a brain

I could be the greatest troofer
Providing all the proof for
those holographic planes
They'd admire all my theories
And would answer all my queries
If I only had a brain

Oh I can't tell you why
It's impossible for me to ever listen
Or why I like the sex I get in prison
I suppose it's just my neo-narcissism

Though it might seem like a step down
I'm happy as an ass-clown,
annoyance, and a pain
I'll be smug and I'll be merry
As SLC's dingle-berry
Cause I haven't got a brain

 
At 15 January, 2013 17:00, Blogger Pat said...

LOL!

 
At 15 January, 2013 18:10, Blogger M Gregory Ferris said...

I figured out LOST in season 2. The last season took place in Purgatory, so technically they were all dead at that point, but with The Island time was relative anyway :) ;).

It took 3 days before the first Sandy Hook conspiracy popped up on JREF.

I need to start an online gambling site so people can bet which nutjob theory will be first, which will be biggest, and so on.

 
At 15 January, 2013 22:19, Blogger snug.bug said...

"If I had a Brain" is pretty clever--until it devolves into Guitar Bill's favorite sex themes.

 
At 16 January, 2013 05:05, Blogger Ian said...

If there's a lunatic conspiracy theory out there, chances are Alex Jones will be in the middle of it.

Drudge has been approvingly linking to Alex Jones lately. Does Drudge agree with Jones about 9/11?

 
At 17 January, 2013 03:40, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 21 January, 2013 03:15, Blogger snug.butt.plug said...

"If I had a Brain" is pretty clever--until it devolves into

Yeah but the meter is perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home