Monday, February 18, 2008

Couple Quick Bits

A blogger gets a nice email from a Troofer:

it’s people like you that should be shot in the face. I served in the millitary [sic] and I can tell you that people like you are the real terrorists. I suggest you look into these books or videos for credible information, if you actually are interested in seeing what the fuss is all about with 9/11, since you seem to voice your opinion on it from an outsider’s standing. I’m a journalist who’s been following this for 6 years, I am only interested in information that can be cited by credible sources.


Of course, you can imagine what he considers to be "credible sources".

Another guy discovers Trooferism has infested a local ice cream parlor:

This vanilla today had some auwe in it. As I get to the head of the line I note that prominently displayed on the counter is a bunch of Truther literature. You know the kind: pictures of the WTC7 collapse, links to loathsome websites, the works.

“You don’t believe all this stuff, do you?”, says I, not realizing the storm to come.

“It’s all in there”, says the aging boomer running the place, pointing to a copy of the 9/11 Commission report in a Ziploc bag beneath the Troofer stuff.

“But you believe that the U.S. did it to ourselves? Then you’re a fool.”


Update: Several people sent me links to this video with a British journalist named Nick Cohen, who compared the Troofers to Holocaust Deniers (accurately, of course). Note the usual "we're just asking questions" defense when he calls them on their nonsense: